Depth finders are key when fishing new and old lakes and are a must in today's fishing. After all, the more you know about the water, the better informed decisions you can make. Depth finders allow the angler to see depth, bottom stucture, grass lines, the hardness of the bottom, bait fish, big fish, thermal cline, and you can even see your own line and bait if you’re fishing vertical.
Different depth finders have different added options to include new depth finder which have side-imaging which allows you to see whats on both sides of the boat. Some of these options include, boat speed, water temperature, outside temperature and some even have built-in GPS. When buying a depth finder, do your research and make an informed decision.
Here are a few tips other anglers thought you should know:
- It's better to go quality than cheap.
- Ride around for a couple of hours when you get to a new lake to find out what's what.
- The more pixels and the bigger the screen, the better.
- Put time in learning how to use your graph. It pays to find those honey holes.
- Add a tip! Send an e-mail to email@example.com