Gathered here are some tips about bass in their pond habitat. Please send in more information to help us out and other bass anglers. Send info to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stay next to cover like weedlines.
- Stealth should be your approach. (Canoe's, kayaks, rafts, waders ect.)
- Ponds are often shallow and murky due to runoff from storms.
- Pond bottoms usually are soft with a clay or muddy bottom.
- Fish ponds sooner than lakes. Ponds warm several weeks faster than lakes and reservoirs.
- In colder months bass will often congregate at the entry of water because of warmer temperatures.
(ex. - storm drains, creeks, ect.)
- Ponds that stay muddy longer do not produce quality fish and many times will cause spreading of diseases
-Bass fishing in ponds tends to be best in spring.